I think Kitchen Witchery is one of the most popular forms of magick because it’s so easy & something that can be done daily!
Everyday we eat at least 3 meals a day, breakfast, lunch, & dinner. That opens us up to a wonderful opportunity to make magick for; love, wealth, healing, & protection.
To make the most out of our cooking it’s important to know what different herbs & spices can do for you, these are correspondences.
Correspondences operate under the idea that like attracts like.
BASIC KITCHEN MAGICK CORRESPONDENCES
- Allspice– luck, financial gain, healing.
- Anise– cleansing, warding.
- Apple– connection to the Goddess (all forms), health & wellness, divination.
- Basil– money, love, success.
- Bay leaves– wish granting, protection, strength.
- Cinnamon– energy, power, successful outcome, sexual attraction.
- Dill– money, romance, safety.
- Eggs– new beginnings, fertility, protection.
- Garlic– protection, connection to the dark goddess,
- Oregano– legal matters, attracting romance, peace/calm.
- Onion– psychic ability, getting to the heart of the matter/clarity, releasing grief.
- Parsley– increasing sex drive, cleansing, protection.
- Mint– prosperity, removal of evil energy, travel.
- Red Pepper flakes– energy, cursing, empowering, protection.
- Rosemary– cleansing, protection, love, healing.
- Salt– cleansing, purifying, protection.
- Sugar– drawing, love.
- Thyme– psychic strengthener, attraction (romantic), healing.
This is by no means a definitive list, these are just the tip of the iceberg so to speak.
Here are some great reference books for herbs, roots, and kitchen Witchery, for aspiring kitchen witch.