This blog post should have probably been written in the beginning because it’s such a VITAL part of a witches craft.
WHAT IS A BOOK OF SHADOWS
A book of shadows is the personal diary of a witch, it’s a collection of magickal thoughts and revelations about life and magick, spells, rituals, ingredients or correspondences that is vital to a witches magickal craft. Truly the Witches Book of Shadows is key to the Witches spiritual growth.
Really there is no right or wrong way to make a book of shadows, usually though it consists of several key elements.
What Goes into a Book of Shadows?
- Book dedication
- Table of Contents
- Invocations to God & Goddess
- Sabbat or Holiday rituals
- Herbal lore and properties
- Stone properties
- Healing information
- Meditations and Journey work outlines and diary of what happens.
- Magickal revelations and inspiration
- Spell results; it’s best to keep track of the spells you cast and the outcomes so you know what works and what doesn’t.
- Anything else you find inspiring.
Truly the only requirement for your book of shadows is that it reflect the type of witch you are!